Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft’s Chromium based Edge Browser
If you are like 90% of people in IT or hackers in general, you probably prefer the dark mode on applications simply because it is easier on the eyes. Good news… you can enable dark mode in Microsoft’s new Chromium based Edge browser by completing the following steps:
- If you have a shortcut to Edge saved to your taskbar, right click on it and select “unpin from taskbar.”
- Right click on the Edge icon on your desktop and click “Properties.”
- At the end of the “target” box, add “–force-dark-mode” so the full line should look something like this: “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS\Application\msedge.exe” –force-dark-mode
- Click OK to save the change.
- Right click the icon and select “Pin to taskbar.”
- Open Edge and navigate to “Edge://flags”
- Find or search for the “Microsoft Edge theme” entry and change it to “Enabled.”
- Click the relaunch button at the bottom of the screen.
Congratulations, you are now using edge in dark mode.